Saturday 9 May 2009

mom's magical dumplings!


I love my mom's dumplings! I remember she cooked those super delicious dumplings at least once a week for me while I was still at home. She has got more than 50 different styles of dumpling fillings. So she makes different ones for me each time. My favourite one was the filling with Chinese chive, eggs, and shiitake mushrooms, simple but super tasty. They are the most delicious dumplings I have ever tasted! I guess it is the same memories for every Chinese child for their mom's dumplings. When I was still a kid I was wondering how all the moms make something super yummy just in a few moments. I just assumed that they had some secret magic they could use inside their kitchen.


When I grew up, I finally understand their secret magic is just "love" towards their families.

So I want to be like them. Fill my love inside those hearty dumplings, rice balls, noodle soups...and see the satisfied faces of my loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment